CLUB CHAMPS 2017
It’s Club Champs time again – only this year we are doing it slightly differently.
There will be 2 different categories:
- The Golden Oldies – over 50’s age group
- Open Tournament for everyone
The first round in each category is a round robin which will be the best of 11 games. The top 2 of each round robin group will go into the semi-finals where full sets will be played.
Men’s singles – The top 8 seeds go straight in to the last 16. The rest of the entries play the round robin to get into the main draw. In this way everyone has a chance to play more than just one round of tennis. There will be a proper singles back draw.
Ladies singles – The entries will be split into 2 groups and the format is round robin for the first round. The top 4 seeds go straight into the semi-finals. There will be a proper back draw.
Doubles draw for both will be a straight knock out with no back draw.
Golden Oldies Tournament:
Doubles and Mixed doubles played in a round robin format for the first round. The top 2 from each group will go into the semi-finals where the scoring is done in sets.
The dates are as follows:
- Round robins will be played on the weekends of 13 and 20 May 2017.
- Subsequent matches on the following weekends or by arrangement during the week.
- Open tournament finals on the 24th of June.
- Golden oldie finals will be on the 17th of June.
- Big Braai’s on both final days!
You will be scratched if:
- You can’t make the first Saturday of the round robin.
- Subsequent matches have not been completed by the following Saturday by 18h00. There can be no exceptions here.
PLEASE NOTE THE ENTRY CLOSING DATE IS NOON SATURDAY 6 MAY 2017 AS WELL AS THE “NO PAY NO PLAY” POLICY.